Whats your favorite place to eat in Lakewood?

Cooking secrets, tips, recipes and discussions featuring The Lakewood Observer's head chef, Chef Geoff (Jeff Endress), conversations about food, and restaurants.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Christopher Crist

Whats your favorite place to eat in Lakewood?

Postby Christopher Crist » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi, I'm new to the area and wanted to know where some good eats are in Lakewood. I'm a cook by trade and just wanted to get a feel for the culinary scene here. Thanks!

Don't argue with crazy people they only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Jeff Endress

Postby Jeff Endress » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Well Chris, I guess it depends on what you're in the mood for.....

Some suggestions:

La Pita Express Detroit 1 block east of Spitzer Lakewood
REALLY GOOD Leabanese, very good prices. Mostly take out

Taste of India west end of Detroit, east of Riverside. Wonderful Indian, great all you can eat lunch buffet

Melt Bar and Grilled Downtown Lakewood, east of Warren Unique sandwiches, great beer menu service on the slow side

Player's on Madison Madison and Bell......a little more upscale, good pasta, designer pizza, some interesting menu items, full bar

WestEnd Tavern west end of Detroit....good "neighborhood bar' feel, better than neighborhood bar food

Angelo's Pizza 13715 Madison east of LHS Stadium...Decent pizza, cozy dinning room

Three Birds west end of Detroit Top shelf carriage trade

Sullivans 13368 Madison Irish Pub, good (plentiful ) Pub Grub

bela dubby Birdtown (east Madison) Great little coffe house with a good variety of beer, chocolate cake

I'm sure others wil make some recomendations

Jeff

To wander this country and this world looking for the best barbecue â€â€
Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:12 pm

My favorite place for Breakfast is Borderline cafe. They are only open until 2:00.

I think Jeff summed up the rest very well. I'm excited about Dave Cosmic Subs opening - they have my favorite vege burger.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin

Return to “Lakewood Food / Restaurants”