Pizza Profiles

Cooking secrets, tips, recipes and discussions featuring The Lakewood Observer's head chef, Chef Geoff (Jeff Endress), conversations about food, and restaurants.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:51 pm

:x All this chit chat is diverting attention from the main topic---------

selection of judges!!!!

Suzanne Metelko

Postby Suzanne Metelko » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:51 pm

Steve and Jeff,

Having had my share of winter campouts with my Girl Scouts, may I remind you both that food cooked outside at a campout during the winter could consist of an old pizza box with some ketchup and powered cheese and it will undoubtedly be the best thing you've ever tasted. There's just something about being outside, cold, hungry and tired that makes eating a pleasure.

Perhaps we should do a thread on camp cooking. I'm pretty good with dutch oven, foil etc. One of my favorite ways to enjoy food - outside over a fire.

Suzanne

PS - Sorry Stan, back to the judges, I'm all for the "somebody else" person.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.â€
Jeff Endress

Postby Jeff Endress » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:11 pm

Steve: I Know its off the subject, but Ms. Metelko indicated

Having had my share of winter campouts with my Girl Scouts, may I remind you both that food cooked outside at a campout during the winter could consist of an old pizza box with some ketchup and powered cheese and it will undoubtedly be the best thing you've ever tasted

Clearly she never camped with us!

Jeff

Jeff Endress

Postby Jeff Endress » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:13 pm

Stan:

If there is to be an amateur division, in which I would plan on competing/winning, I can't suggest any specific judges, but I'll agree to the criteria set out by Joe.

Jeff

stephen davis

Postby stephen davis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:26 am

Jeff/Geoff and Ken/Keonn,

This thread started over 3 1/2 years ago. Alas, we obviously dropped the dough ball, but I am renewed and inspired.

I suggest yet another covert LO field trip, something like a Pizza Crawl, for sampling and discussion of styles, flavors, and metaphors.

It's also time for us old men to cook for each other and share, not compete, over pizza.

Any kitchen, any oven, and any table is fine.

Peace, my friends.

Steve

Nothin' shakin' on Shakedown Street.
Used to be the heart of town.
Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart.
You just gotta poke around.

Robert Hunter/Sometimes attributed to Ezra Pound.

Return to “Lakewood Food / Restaurants”