Rice Cookers

Cooking secrets, tips, recipes and discussions featuring The Lakewood Observer's head chef, Chef Geoff (Jeff Endress), conversations about food, and restaurants.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Lynn Farris

Rice Cookers

Postby Lynn Farris » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:51 am

After years of relying on Success Rice or Minute Rice I was convinced by one of my gourmet friends to buy a Rice cooker. That way I could purchase significantly less processed brown rice and have perfect rice every time.

I admit I was skeptical but she is an amazing cook so I tired it. She was right - it was easy and foolproof.

I was also amazed to find a NY times article about Rice cookers and the fact that they aren't just for rice anymore.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/01/dining/01rice.html

[quote]SHIRLEY CHAN, a Chinese-American Web site designer, was born in Hong Kong, lives in Brooklyn, and has never cooked a pot of rice in her life. “One billion Chinese people cannot be wrong about rice,â€

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin
ryan costa

rice

Postby ryan costa » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:01 pm

I will add in sliced potatoes, carrots, beets, onions, etc with the rice. sometimes even a frozen tilapia filet. it works well enough.

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey

Return to “Lakewood Food / Restaurants”