French onion soup bowls

Cooking secrets, tips, recipes and discussions featuring The Lakewood Observer's head chef, Chef Geoff (Jeff Endress), conversations about food, and restaurants.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Will Brown

French onion soup bowls

Postby Will Brown » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 pm

I want to make some French onion soup. The last step involves putting it under the broiler in an individual serving bowl. The bowls I like are ceramic, and have a three or four inch handle, so you can pick it up and serve it from the broiler.

Does anyone know a local store that sells these? The only ones I have seen have small tabs instead of the handle, and look like they would be hard to pick up. I'm almost to the point of having my wife stuff a couple in her purse the next time I have it in a restaurant.

Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:39 pm

I won't swear that they have it, but the best place that I have found for nice inexpensive serving pieces that look great is Old Time Pottery in Parma. What they have vary when you go there - but I have always found something great. You could try calling before you go - but it is really a huge place where you have to look - I'm not sure how helpful the clerks would be.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin

Return to “Lakewood Food / Restaurants”