two plus two equals mayhem

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

kate e parker

two plus two equals mayhem

Postby kate e parker » Tue May 01, 2012 9:40 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/01/5- ... io-bridge/

According to the complaint, the suspects initially planned to use smoke grenades to distract law enforcement so that they could topple financial institution signs atop high rise buildings in Cleveland. However, the plot later called for the use of C-4 explosives, authorities said. The final plan allegedly named the Route 82 Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge, which crosses from Brecksville to Sagamore Hills, as the target....

It is unknown if the bridge incident was connected to Occupy Wall Street's plans for nationwide protests Tuesday.

unknown to who? people who can't put two and two together?

ryan costa

Re: two plus two equals mayhem

Postby ryan costa » Tue May 01, 2012 5:32 pm

i had read the FBIs Affidivat(sp?) document of this investigation posted at the Plain Dealer webpage.

it looks like the suspects are just dumb kids. if the FBI's mole hadn't offered to sell them a bomb, they would have tried to build their own. and if they had tried to build their own, they would have lost initiative after 10 minutes and ordered a pizza.

In cases such as this, it probably would have been a much better use of the FBIs time to just show up at these kids' houses and tell them and their parents "DON'T BOMB THINGS".

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey
Jim DeVito

Postby Jim DeVito » Wed May 02, 2012 1:06 pm

ryan costa wrote:i had read the FBIs Affidivat(sp?) document of this investigation posted at the Plain Dealer webpage.

it looks like the suspects are just dumb kids. if the FBI's mole hadn't offered to sell them a bomb, they would have tried to build their own. and if they had tried to build their own, they would have lost initiative after 10 minutes and ordered a pizza.

In cases such as this, it probably would have been a much better use of the FBIs time to just show up at these kids' houses and tell them and their parents "DON'T BOMB THINGS".

Lol that did just make me laugh out loud in my office "don't bomb things"

I've seen al quida that look more competentt than this bunch.

Grace O'Malley

Postby Grace O'Malley » Wed May 02, 2012 1:12 pm

My thoughts exactly. There are many clever, cunning, evil people with the smarts, connections, and motivation to do some real damage. They should be looking for THEM, not a bunch of incompetent, dysfunctional nitwits that probably have trouble with reading comprehension.

Roy Pitchford

Postby Roy Pitchford » Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Grace O'Malley wrote:

My thoughts exactly. There are many clever, cunning, evil people with the smarts, connections, and motivation to do some real damage. They should be looking for THEM, not a bunch of incompetent, dysfunctional nitwits that probably have trouble with reading comprehension.

1. How do we know they aren't looking at the "clever, cunning evil people" as well?

2. Are you suggesting that if that bridge WAS bombed it wouldn't "do some real damage"? I'm sure the people that travel on it would disagree.

3. How exactly are you coming to the conclusion that these guys are "incompetent, dysfunctional nitwits that probably have trouble with reading comprehension"? They were knowledgeable enough to be paranoid about being traced when downloading the "Anarchist Cookbook".

4. I'm reminded of a line from Army of Darkness (3rd in the Evil dead series of movies):
"Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun."
My point being, it doesn't matter whether these guys were smart, dumb, black, white, rich, poor, or anywhere in between. They were looking for the means to do something bad and they were motivated enough to get something done.
I disagree completely with what Ryan said, that they would have "lost initiative after 10 minutes and ordered a pizza." They discussed various plans for at least 6 months according to the criminal complaint documents. I suspect it was longer because early in the document one of them talked about having investigated the tunnels under the city.

Grace O'Malley

Postby Grace O'Malley » Thu May 03, 2012 6:11 am

The only reason it got as far as it did, or went on as long as it did, was because the FBI informant was there egging them on.v

More info is coming out about these guys. Two are definitely mentally ill.

If they knock down signs or whatever, punish them, they deserve it. But the fact remains that ALL of the subsequent activity that was of a more violent, dangerous, and cunning nature was instigated and facilitated by the informant.

kate e parker

Postby kate e parker » Thu May 03, 2012 9:06 am

Grace O'Malley wrote:The only reason it got as far as it did, or went on as long as it did, was because the FBI informant was there egging them on.v

More info is coming out about these guys. Two are definitely mentally ill.

If they knock down signs or whatever, punish them, they deserve it. But the fact remains that ALL of the subsequent activity that was of a more violent, dangerous, and cunning nature was instigated and facilitated by the informant.

can you provide a source on the menally ill allegation? which two are crazy, excuse me, "ill"? i've been reading about this quite a bit and havent seen anything as to the mental capacities of these individuals.

how people are so quick to pardon this act is stunning to me. thank god trials dont rest on the mug shots of the perps. pay attention to those faces as these guys will probably be tenured proffessors one day or who knows maybe future presidential advisors.

Banks said making an example of the group sends a message that the government is taking tips about potentially violent groups and their plots seriously, and that could lead to tips about even more organized, more dangerous cells.

"If you really going back to what 9/11 was all about, it was an embarrassment to the government. So it's always good for the government to have high visibility prosecutions and arrests at certain times in history and this might be one of them," Banks said.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_ ... z1tobBDRdU

ryan costa

Postby ryan costa » Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 am

the FBI spent a lot of time busting Beavis and Butthead.

reading the Affadivat(sp?), it appears as if the FBI is auditioning to replace Ashton Kutcher as the host of Punk'd.

of all the kidnapping and human trafficking and south korean money laundering...the FBI sets up these dopes.

an ounce of prevention is worth hundreds of hours of bureaucratic legalese.

they could have just showed up months ago and shouted at the kids to stop. maybe thrown them in the drunk tank for a night. the kids would just go back to playing pizza and eating video games.

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey

Return to “Global Discussion”