Monday, The Man Who Dreams Of Being King...

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Dan Alaimo

Re: Monday, The Man Who Dreams Of Being King...

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:12 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:Here's how I came to post that News 5 story about Tom Bullock and the parklets. After watching the convention, we were rushing to get our three dogs out for a very late walk and I caught a glimpse of Lakewood on the news and a reference to parklets. Because I had read Jim O'Bryan's report earlier in this conversation and because Pyke Park was the big Lakewood news of the day, it seemed odd. It didn't smell right. It stunk.

The News 5 report read:
"The City of Lakewood is deciding whether to approve an application for one of its restaurants to install a parklet, expanded seating outside the restaurant that stretches into metered parking spaces.
"While the city of Cleveland has been allowing restaurants to obtain permits for parklets, Lakewood has not yet done so. But on Monday, Lakewood City Council voted to approve parklet guidelines for restaurants in the city.
"That restaurant, LBM on Madison Avenue, was approved Tuesday, and according to Tom Bullock, a council member, LBM was the only restaurant that has applied. The restaurant will build a safe outdoor dining area in the curb lane."

If that's a misquote, it's three paragraphs of misquote.

"I'm astonished that such an inaccurate story was published," said Council President Dan O'Malley. The approval for parklet guidelines never happened, he said. "The most substantive thing we did was vote down - by a one-vote margin - a proposal to allocate $10K for bars/restaurants' parklet equipment." That's $10,000 for each bar/restaurant, Jim O'Bryan reported earlier, which will add up to big money considering the City's many bars and eateries.

Dan

Anyone that has been in Lakewood more than four years knows Bullock has a propensity for misrepresenting the truth, and or out right lying to get a little light upon himself. We have also seen firsthand the most main stream media outlets really do not care what they report about Lakewood. A cheap fast, safe story. Just like it was 12 years ago. They do not care about the impact of quoting and re-quoting lies. This would have been an easy fact check. Watch the meeting. But no time for that, "we have a politican on the phone with quotes!" Of course here at the Observer we have learned first time, when FitzGerald's player talk, it is all bullshit. So we try not to print their lies any longer. As a person that hates comparisons with Trump Administration, but Bullock and Fitzy's club lying, yawn old news, and constant news. This is what shocks me about Jason and Sarah following Lakewood's own little baby trump, Tom Bullock.

Now if you look at the players, and what is happening, you will see that Councilman Bullock is once again selling off the city to people that might support him with $$$$ down the road. Again one of the biggest problems with wash-a-shores residents see a great community, they prefer to use it for their own advancement and or $$$$$. I am sure as we get closer to election season for council and mayor we will see the newbies all looking to forward their political careers, and move on. It is really all politicians do, and for some reason Lakewood seems to attract politicians over public servants.

Well soon enough we can finish cleaning house of those influences.

Has everyone noticed, with America and the world in a much crazier place, anxiety in Lakewood has calmed down under Mayor George.

Imagine how this city would be doing without 1/2 of council trying 24/7/365 to give the rest of our assets away.

I started to become active in Lakewood at about the same time as Tom Bullock, the late 2000s, and one of the first lessons I learned was, he cannot be trusted.

One of the many efforts to develop Kauffman Park was underway, I had joined the opposition, and first-time candidate Bullock spoke supportively of our agenda at an early meeting. I'm not sure how explicitly he supported us. A few months later, after his successful
election, I was in the park and saw Bullock wit FitzGerald and some other suits waling around and he told me he was now for development of the park.

Not long after i signed onto the leashed dogs in the parks initiative where Bullock was fronting the effort before Council. Then he insulted Nickie Antonio in a State Representative race, and lost the support of other Council members. It took much longer than necessary to get our modest proposal passed.

Eventually came the hospital boondoggle - Bullock waving his finger at Mike Skindell on the hospital sidewalk. And now trying an end-run around Council to gain publicity for his pet "parklet" project.

What all this says to me is that if you want to get something done in Lakewood or Lakewood City Council, Tom Bullock is not the man for the job.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”