It's Record Store Day!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Betsy Voinovich

It's Record Store Day!

Postby Betsy Voinovich » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:08 am

IMG_7931.jpg
IMG_7931.jpg (102.09 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
Yes, it's the Beatles riding a Lego cat to Record Store Day!

Hey everybody, it's Socially Distant Record Store Day! This is to make up for the one that didn't happen in April. Everybody's doing it differently this year. My Mind's Eye at 16010 Detroit across from Bobby O's and next to Sweet Designs, is opening at 9AM. They are going to keep everyone outside in a masked and distant line and come out and take your order, so bring your list, or a piece of paper so you can make one while you wait. There are some cool record store releases. The one I'm looking to get is Plastic Ono Band's Instant Karma Ultimate Re-mixes for 2020. I have no idea what that will sound like but it seems like a record for the times. I hope you can dance to it.

The official list of special record store releases can be found at https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/572, but all the stores don't get all the records.

Of local interest is a re-release of a Cleveland Garage Rock, Punk, New Wave compilation called Cleveland Confidential. It has bands like the Jazz Destroyers, The Styrenes, The Defnics, The Easter Monkeys, The Pagans. Great stuff! My Mind's Eye has some of them. (They don't get a lot of each title.)

For a full list of what My Mind's Eye has you can go to their Facebook page.

Oh, look at the time! Got to get up there.

Betsy Voinovich

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”