Another question - Fitzgerald - where are getting the money

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:00 pm

sharon kinsella wrote:, heck Suzanne Metelko gave three times that amount to Ryan!

Suzanne Metelko gave Ryan Demro $15,000? Are you kidding?

sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:20 pm

Nope - Ryan is the one who published the financials on everyone before the primary, on his website.

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde
Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:27 pm

sharon kinsella wrote:Nope - Ryan is the one who published the financials on everyone before the primary, on his website.

Do you actually read the question before you answer? You made the statement that Suzanne Metelko gave Ryan 3x the contribution that the developers gave Tom.

3x5000 = 15,000

Here's my question: IS THAT TRUE?

stephen davis

Postby stephen davis » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:31 pm

sharon kinsella wrote:Thanks Ryan -

I may be high balling - I could be wrong - but first of all.

This place is not a union printer. Secondly this size is off and would require non-standard settings or specialty cutting and I'm not sure which.

So let's low ball it -

Custom size w/union bug - $3,000
Printing 10,000 disparate addresses - 2,000
Printing first class postage certification - 800
Sort for post office - 1,200

Total - $7,000 Low ball - but still pretty pricey

Add in first class postage (don't remember what it is now)
so I'll say .38

.38 x 10,000 Total $3,800

Total for entire mailing would be about $10,800 - including postage.

Now - I'm not sure how many mailings he's done but it kind of boggles the mind at this point.

Let's say 10.

10 x $10,800 is $108,000

Hope he's showing some pretty hefty monetary or in kind donations on his financials.

Sharon,

I think it's okay to ask about Ed's finances, but your numbers are just plain-out guesses. You're just going to have to wait this one out and look at the finance reports to get the real story.

You don't know how many pieces he's printing. You don't know how he's targeting with his mailing lists. Some pieces are hand delivered and don't need labeling, sorting, and postage. All of these variables, and many more, are unknown to you and me.

Most political material is mailed "Standard", which is the new USPS way to say "Bulk". Standard postage is LOTS cheaper than First Class. Interestingly enough, the USPS treats all political mail as "First Class". If it is specially flagged by the mailer as "Political", it is processed immediately. Oh, by the way, a First Class letter within normal dimensions, and under 1 ounce, mails for 41 cents. All other mailings are priced by, Non-Profit, Standard, size, sort, weight, etc..

You cannot guess printing prices. I have been in the graphics and printing business most of my adult life. I never guess. I estimate each job individually. There are way too many variables to just wing it. Even paper prices change daily, like gasoline and lobster.

Last year, I estimated a printing job for one of my customers. I was dealing with a third party designer that told me that my price of $7300 was low. I acted surprised and asked him what he thought it should be. He said it should be closer to $8000. I asked him what would make him say that. He said, "Experience." I immediately knew he was a liar. As complex as the piece was, without going through a complex estimating ritual, I could have just as easily guessed $3000 or $15000. MY experience couldn't produce a guess within $700 on a job like that. It turned out that he had been trying to get a high priced printer friend of his from Summit County to try to beat me out of work from my customer. His number was not an experienced guess, it was a number from his friend that, of course, did not print that job.

Again, back to my original comment. Okay to question, but you are not qualified to judge these printing and mailing prices in specific terms. Just wait and see the reports.

Steve

Nothin' shakin' on Shakedown Street.
Used to be the heart of town.
Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart.
You just gotta poke around.

Robert Hunter/Sometimes attributed to Ezra Pound.
sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:42 pm

Stephen -

You may be right - but - I've gotten many of these pieces in the mail, first - class, postage certificated, with the bar code.

I do know something about mail services and I called the board of elections to get the registered voter figures, anyone can do that. In addition, I sought the advice of people who currently do get many similar type of pieces printed - and at printers that have the union bug.

Stephen - I don't know everything - but I don't make statements without verifying some facts. In addition, when I was helping Ed with his campaign BACK IN JANUARY, he told me that each mailer was going to the 10,000 registered voters.

I'm not referring to lit drop pieces, I'm not an idiot. You may be in the business, but I certainly did not take a flying leap at these numbers or pull them out of thin air. In addition, in the last two weeks I have been graced with at least three - first class mailed pieces from the Fitzgerald campaign. I don't get lit dropped pieces. I live in an apartment.

As far as waiting for the financials, the ones that were filed before the elections showed nowhere near the in-kind or for pay types of accomodations for any of the mailings - mailings - done before the primaries.

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde
sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:44 pm

Darrin -

Do what I did - look it up.

I already told you whare I got the information.

Bill Call

Money

Postby Bill Call » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:05 am

Here are the numbers from the Pre-General Campaign Finance Reports:

Mayor George:

Ending Balance from last report
$27,121
Begining balance on following report
$23,727

Contributions received on most recent report:

$17330

Percent from Lakewood: 22%

Loan balance: $6,000.

Balance on hand: $14,782

Questions:

If the ending balance on the previous report was $27,121 shouldn't the begining balance on the following report be $27,121?

The ending loan balance on one report was $13,000 but the begining balance on the loan on the following report was $7,000. Who paid the $6,000?

Ed Fitgerald:

Ending balance previous report:
$5,421.17

Begining balance on the following report:

$5,421.17

Contributions received:

$9,630

Percent from Lakewood: 60%

Mailing costs: $7,266
Printing costs: $6,438

Balance: $924

Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:44 am

sharon kinsella wrote:Darrin -

Do what I did - look it up.

I already told you whare I got the information.

So your claims are not about truth they're about hysteria?

stephen davis

Postby stephen davis » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:59 am

sharon kinsella wrote:...postage certificated, with the bar code.

Barcoding allows additional discounts to postage costs.

Nothin' shakin' on Shakedown Street.
Used to be the heart of town.
Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart.
You just gotta poke around.

Robert Hunter/Sometimes attributed to Ezra Pound.
sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:31 am

Darrin -

Potshots were effective in high school - aren't you a biggy boy!

What - do you think women's outrage are fueled by hysteria?

Look at the figures Bill just posted and look at Ed's previous finanicials - do the math.

sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:37 am

Stephen -

I didn't know that - so that would drop the costs.

The figures for the new financials still don't mesh with the probably true costs of the mailings.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:01 am

sharon kinsella wrote:Darrin -

Potshots were effective in high school - aren't you a biggy boy!

What - do you think women's outrage are fueled by hysteria?

Look at the figures Bill just posted and look at Ed's previous finanicials - do the math.

I asked you a simple question based on YOUR statement. I've been reading some of your past posts. You don't seem to be interested in facts - you do seem to be interested in creating hysteria.

Any chance you actually have a straight answer to my question or are you just going to continue to lob stink bombs and hope that no one else catches on?

Easy question - you said 3x developers - that equals 15,000. Is this true? Are you saying that the answer to my question is yes or no?

Take a breath now....yes or no?

sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:16 am

Actually, from the figures I have, he got 4500 from Glitz.

From what I saw on Ryan's financial he got 15,000.

I refuse to keep going back on forth with you on this.

Do your research if you don't believe me. Until you do leave it alone.

By the way, if you find info that proves me wrong I'll give you my email on pm and I would appreciate it you would pm them to me.

Quit equating my statements with lobbing bombs, you're starting to sound like the Bushies.

Ivor Karabatkovic

Postby Ivor Karabatkovic » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 am

sharon,

I know that we should all do our research as citizens of this great city but why can't you explain yourself?

Ahhh regardless, this is still funny. :lol:

sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:43 pm

Igor -

I am by no means a teacher - trust me. I will not create a website or create maps. The people on this site are a lot more computer savvy than I am and if they really want the information they will go and get it.

I am presently typing with one eye and am overcoming anaesthesia from eye surgery this morning and am doing to best I can to keep up, while trying to lay low like my doctor instructed.

I have explained myself - if you have specific questions just ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

When my children were young they were taught there were three things that were unacceptable. Lying, telling someone to shut up and prejudging people by what they look like or who they are because of circumstances we know nothing about.

I truly believe in speaking out when something is wrong, but I don't go off half cocked and I'm not hysterical. I would be hysterical if something happened to someone I love

Return to “2007 Lakewood Mayoral Election”