Electric & Eclectric

For anything related to schools and education in Lakewood. Includes discussions, announcements, and schedules.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Edward Favre

Electric & Eclectric

Postby Edward Favre » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:15 am

While musical groups from The Lakewood Project to the Harrison Tappers will be performing on the Civic Stage and in the North Gym, the rest of the high school will be filled with demonstrations and samples of just a slice of the type of programs our students are engaged in and the extracurricular activities that are enriching them.

On the first floor of the high school a sample of what you will find are interactive science stations presented by Harding, robotic and 3-D art demonstrations by West Shore Career-Tech’s Project Lead the Way engineering program and an instrument petting zoo.

The Art Atrium on the second floor will house displays of our award-winning artists’ work. Student artists will be on hand to give quick drawing lessons as well. Garfield’s Ducks 4 Downs club will be selling some of their unique crafts and the Academic Challenge team will be ready for your questions, so come prepared with a tricky one to try and stump the team members. In the Art Atrium you can also see the results of LHS Project 2.0’s Wikiseat project, where students were asked to build a chair as part of a problem-solving exercise.

On the second floor you will also find cookie decorating by our Family & Consumer Science students and Civil War presentations created by our AP U.S. History students.

West Shore’s Auto Tech and Construction Trades classes will be on hand to demonstrate some of the valuable real-world skills they are learning every day and the Emerson Unicycle Club members will wow you with their acrobatic talent.

And this is just a sampling of what will be going on at this super showcase

Peter Grossetti

Re: Electric & Eclectric

Postby Peter Grossetti » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:31 pm

When? Where? Did I miss this?

"So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?"

~ Fred (Mr. Rogers) Rogers
Christina McCallum

Postby Christina McCallum » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Electric & Eclectic:

Wednesday, April 17
5:30 p.m.
Lakewood High School

Peter Grossetti

Postby Peter Grossetti » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:07 pm

{bump}

REMINDER ... TONIGHT!!!

so wish I could attend :(

"So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?"

~ Fred (Mr. Rogers) Rogers

Return to “Schools & Education in Lakewood”