Hankins receives Grammy Museum Music Educator Finalist Award

For anything related to schools and education in Lakewood. Includes discussions, announcements, and schedules.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Edward Favre

Hankins receives Grammy Museum Music Educator Finalist Award

Postby Edward Favre » Sat May 06, 2017 6:12 am

Five months after being named one of 10 nationwide finalists for the Grammy Museum’s Music Educator Award, Lakewood High School Orchestra Director Beth Hankins was presented with her finalist award and the accompanying check for $1,000 at a ceremony during intermission of the school’s spring musical. Chris Bianchi of the Grammy Museum and Stephen Minnich of retailer Journeys, which is a sponsor of the Music Educator Award, traveled to Lakewood for the presentation in front of an appreciative crowd. Bianchi and Minnich also presented the Lakewood City Schools with a check for $1,000. A grateful Hankins, joined by members of the play and pit orchestra on stage, thanked the District for “allowing me to think outside the box and dream” and admitted that “never in my wildest dreams when I became an educator did I think I’d achieve this level.” Congratulations to Beth and thanks to the Grammy Museum for shining the light on our music program. - See more at: http://www.lakewoodcityschools.org/News ... 5iVTp.dpuf

Return to “Schools & Education in Lakewood”