PDF Of Letter Of Intent To Destroy Lakewood Hospital

A store house of articles, facts and discussions related to the loss of Lakewood Hospital, LHA, LHF.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Bill Call

PDF Of Letter Of Intent To Destroy Lakewood Hospital

Postby Bill Call » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Section L is where all the parties involved in the conspiracy agree to hold each other harmless. Can co-conspirators grant each other immunity?

2015_LakewoodHospital_LOI.pdf
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 1466 times

Rhonda loje

Re: PDF Of Letter Of Intent To Destroy Lakewood Hospital

Postby Rhonda loje » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:54 pm

Don't you think Part 2, Section C and D are pretty important?

"Dont it always seem to go
That you dont know what youve got
Till its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot"
Joni Mitchell
Tim Liston

Postby Tim Liston » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Can they indemnify each other? Bill you know the answer to that? Sure they can indemnify each other. But that does not extend to those who are not a party to the agreement. And the final agreement apparently has not been executed. This is only a non-binding letter of intent and nothing yet is set in stone. I also notice that the City is mentioned often in the LOI but is not a party to it, which I find curious as it contemplates knocking down city property, right?. Even if this was a final agreement, the City would still have the right to take action, AFAIK....

Rhonda loje

Postby Rhonda loje » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:01 pm

From Tim Liston:

I also notice that the City is mentioned often in the LOI but is not a party to it, which I find curious as it contemplates knocking down city property, right?

From the Letter of Intent (see above):

"C. The Clinic will make a payment(s) to a non-Profit tax-exempt entity designated by LHA in the aggregate amount of $24.4 million, payable according to a mutually agreed upon payment schedule as follows....." (see original document in download above)

"D. All or a substantial portion of the funds described in Section II (C) about will be aggregated with funds available from LHF into a non-profit and tax-exempt foundation whose purpose will be to support community health and wellness activities in the City of Lakewood." (see original in the download above).

Why is the City of Lakewood allowing these payments to be made to a non-profit entity?

Shouldn't these payments be made to the City of Lakewood?

Is there something I am missing?

Till its gone
They paved paradise
Joni Mitchell
Tim Liston

Postby Tim Liston » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Just look at the beginning and the end. At the beginning, first paragraph, the City is not named as an "entered into by and among" party. At the end, where the signatures are, the City is not a signatory.The City does not have to necessarily agree that residents within city limits be the recipients of health and wellness activities offered up by a third party like CCF. As for what the City is willing to permit that it has say over, you would have to ask the City....

Rhonda loje

Postby Rhonda loje » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:28 pm

If the city of Lakewood owns the hospital, why wouldn't payments from CCF be made to the City of Lakewood, as they have been in the past?

Till its gone
They paved paradise
Joni Mitchell
Tim Liston

Postby Tim Liston » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:50 pm

For those sorts of particulars, you'd have to ask the deal parties. I have no way of knowing....

Rhonda loje

Postby Rhonda loje » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks Tim.....

I look forward to answers from the parties involved.

Till its gone
They paved paradise
Joni Mitchell
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Rhonda loje wrote:If the city of Lakewood owns the hospital, why wouldn't payments from CCF be made to the City of Lakewood, as they have been in the past?

Rhonda

The Cleveland Clinic leases the hospital from the Lakewood Hospital Board Association. They
have been in charge of running the hospital since the idea came up.

What is unclear is the essence of the Lakewood Hospital Association, are the a non-profit?
Are the a branch of Council like a committee? Are they and Association unto itself? So many
laws are read very differently for each of these forms.

At the end of the day, one would have to think Lakewood Hospital Board dissolves into the
City of Lakewood as it is owned by the residents.

To me the larger questions is, why is it going to the Foundation?

Also now that the Clinic is on record saying the City of Lakewood, and Foundation started
this series of talks about them leaving, not the clinic, it becomes very, very important on
how all of this went down. The Clinic leaving is one thing. The City asking them to leave
another. And how all of these things conveniently come together in a perfect storm so that
friends of the mayor get $100 million is another topic.

In my conversations with some of the players, they feel they made a good deal dollar wise,
but were unsure how they came to the conclusion, the city couldn't do it anymore. They
know it came up, but forget who brought it up. Also they shared consultants so the water
gets even muddier.

Then we have 3 key ingredients all happening conveniently at the same time.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Hospital Archives 2014-2015”