The Meeting That Never Happend

A store house of articles, facts and discussions related to the loss of Lakewood Hospital, LHA, LHF.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Bill Call

The Meeting That Never Happend

Postby Bill Call » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:52 am

There seems to have been a news blackout about the closing of Lakewood Hospital.

I did find this on Fox 8 news:

http://fox8.com/2015/01/28/public-gathe ... -hospital/

The article states:

"There will be several more community forums before a final decision is made."
:lol:

And:

"One person questioned the need to close Lakewood Hospital. “Why couldn’t the hospital here be saved when there’s maybe not as many people living in an area in Avon where there’s an Elyria facility and St. John Westshore as well?” he asked.

He was told beds at Lakewood currently are underutilized and that the Clinic sees a need for more beds in Avon."

I'm so confused. Aren't we being told that the closure of Lakewood Hospital has nothing to do with Avon?

How is it that 200 beds in Lakewood, population 52,000, are too may but 200 beds in Avon, population 22,000, are desperately needed?

Jim O'Bryan

Re: The Meeting That Never Happend

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:59 am

Bill

The meeting happened, I was there.

They spoke of many things, a couple of them even knew. AS you seemed to think the
meeting was not worthy of your time, don't simply make it not happen.

The entire meeting is being made available on COX cable.

Bill, we have a City Hall being less than truthful, maybe that is what they think the residents
want as they see comments like this as less than truthful.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bill Trentel

Postby Bill Trentel » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:17 am

Bill,
It's not about population, it's about reimbursements. Last night it was either the Clinic Dr. or the consultant that said so, they put the brakes on pretty quickly once going down that path.
It's all about household wealth and richer insurance all to make the CCF and Toby richer. Healthcare just happens to be the widget they sell.

It would be interesting to sit down with one of these Clinic management Drs. to see how they morally square the hippocratic oath with the CCF business model.

It was comical when the Clinic Dr. was making his speech he listed all the great CCF hospitals we will still have access too. Fairview, Lutheran and the MAIN CAMPUS. I guess he forgot about Avon. He later said their plan wasn't to have people from Lakewood use Avon. Funny because if you would have taken a poll in the room most of us are already being forced to use Avon when they moved/move our Drs. and service there.

No fear, the Mike Summer's Miracle will make us all 20 again. We will all live healthy lifestyles and live FOREVER. No need for that old model of healthcare those saps in Avon are getting.

Bill

Amy Martin

Postby Amy Martin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:29 am

Is Mike Summer's miracle like the potion in "Death Becomes Her"? :shock:

Ryan Salo

Postby Ryan Salo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:37 am

Bill,

I am glad you brought that up. I heard that sentence as well. Something about unreimbursed services rendered...

Speaking with a few of the city council members after one of them brought up that Lakewood Hospital could have run at a 7-10% profit margin in Lakewood but they were forecasting to run a 40% profit margin in Avon...

I still believe the Clinic was willing to keep the hospital open but the hospital board made sure that wouldn't happen.

Ryan Salo
Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:39 am

Bill Trentel wrote:It was comical when the Clinic Dr. was making his speech he listed all the great CCF hospitals we will still have access too. Fairview, Lutheran and the MAIN CAMPUS. I guess he forgot about Avon. He later said their plan wasn't to have people from Lakewood use Avon. Funny because if you would have taken a poll in the room most of us are already being forced to use Avon when they moved/move our Drs. and service there.

I'm a little amazed that of our local media chose to mostly ignore the meeting and the issues involved.

It's laughable that ANYONE could believe that the opening of Avon and the closing of Lakewood are completely unrelated. Anyone that had a Clinic doctor in Lakewood knows that they have been moved to Avon. Entire departments have been moved from Lakewood to Avon.

If the Avon facility wasn't there would they have been moved to some vacant field somewhere in Avon? Is it just a coincidence that Lakewood Hospital closes on the day Avon opens?

Did anyone from the Clinic actually come right out and say, "Who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes?"

These meetings are all dog and pony show. A little something to keep the masses busy while they do what they set out to do ten years ago.

Can't someone at City Hall at least insist on a real facility instead of the minute clinic?

Return to “Hospital Archives 2014-2015”