LAID BARE: Ka Boom! O'Leary Admits Council Made "Decision" Before "Public" Vote, But He Testified to the Opposite

This is a storage area for FACTS that have been found during the two year fight with City Hall for Public Documents. These are being posted for reference and historical purposes only. We encourage any conversations about these documents n "Lakewood General Discussion." Here you will find the Highlight the lie, with the document proven the lie.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

LAID BARE: Ka Boom! O'Leary Admits Council Made "Decision" Before "Public" Vote, But He Testified to the Opposite

Postby Brian Essi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:48 pm

The following public record is in O'Leary's own hand is labeled LKWD-PRR232_000510 and can be found at http://www.onelakewood.com/wp-content/u ... PRR232.pdf

On December 21, 2015, O'Leary testified on behalf of his colleagues that no decision would be made until Council voted that night and only after public deliberations. But that's not what he wrote 7 days earlier.

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 2:44 PM
To: Joanne XXXXXX; Anderson, David
CC: Marx, Cynthia; Juris, Shawn; Bullock, Tom; Nowlin, Ryan; Madigan, Mary
Subject: Re: Master agreement

Hello Mrs. XXXXXX, Thanks for writing to express your concerns. I appreciate hearing from you
on this important issue. I'd like to endeavor to answer your question, however, I'm not sure I
understand what you're asking when you say "All I read is 'LHA will pay for this, and that'. It
seems that officials couldn't wait to close the hospital to avoid LHA's finances from going broke,
but what is the difference between that or draining their assets to avoid what???" It's certainly
true that LHA's finances are suffering as a result of the continued operation under the in-patient
model. The notion is that continued operation under that model is squandering the City's
resources and limiting the ability of the City to "pivot" away from the failing model and toward
future models of health care delivery and other avenues of economic development. You should
rest assured that it is only after almost a year of fact-gathering and analysis that Council has
arrived at this decision.
Therefore, there is no rush. Indeed, it is through the courage and
leadership of this body that we were ultimately able to achieve a result that is a true benefit to
residents and providers. -Sam

O'Leary's favorite word is "appreciate"--he says this word to everyone as he completely disrespects them.

Appreciate

1. recognize the full worth of.

2. understand (a situation) fully; recognize the full implications of.

Do you think that Joanne XXXX felt appreciated?

Do you think she "rested assured" by O'Leary's words?

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Peter Grossetti

Re: LAID BARE: Ka Boom! O'Leary Admits Council Made "Decision" Before "Public" Vote, But He Testified to the Opposite

Postby Peter Grossetti » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm

"... courage and leadership of this body ..." :?: :shock:

"So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?"

~ Fred (Mr. Rogers) Rogers
Bridget Conant

Re: LAID BARE: Ka Boom! O'Leary Admits Council Made "Decision" Before "Public" Vote, But He Testified to the Opposite

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm

O'Leary wrote:
pivot away from a failing model and toward future models of health care delivery and other avenues of economic development.

Economic development - grabbing that HUUUGGGEE 6 acre parcel so their buddies can "develop" it.

I cannot wait until the end of 2019 and see what they actually get - wanna bet nothing like the "plans" we've been presented?

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Like some creepy, unsettling, jack-in-box , Sam O'Leary keeps popping up in this narrative.
The Feckless Ferret. Again and again distorting the truth.
You can bet there was a deal made at that crossroad.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:26 am

Above, O'Leary spews out false premises upon which disingenuous and "magical" thinking is based.

False premise #1: "It's certainly true that LHA's finances are suffering as a result of the continued operation under the in-patient
model."

Fact: The "in-patient model" did not result losses, its was Fitz, Summers, Former Prez Butler, Former Pres Madigan and Feckless O'Leary's failure of "courage and leadership" and failed stewardship that resulted in losses---Fairview, St. John, U-H, Metro--all were and are making money. Fairview is jammed full of patient$$$$ with its "failed model." Metros is following the trend of "opening" community hospitals.

False Premise #2: "Continued operation under that model is squandering the City's resources and limiting the ability of the City to "pivot" away from the failing model."
Fact: The hospital only started "losing" money after the announced closing---Feckless O'Leary never once stood up and spoke truth to power--he caved. He now "leads" the "pivot" to a truly failed model of "other avenues of economic development." I can't wait for the "Hair, Nails,We Buy Gold" franchises. But there is hope--last night Council began considering the cutting edge "Econ Dev" of tattoo parlors.

We're gonna be just fine--we don't need no stinkin hospital,

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Lori Allen _

Postby Lori Allen _ » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:05 am

Bridget was spot on about economic development and the likelihood of the property and or projects being given to Summers, Council , Budish and friend's buddies.

Remember Dru Siley pushing so hard for economic development?

His house is now up for sale. Another is jumping off the U.S.S. Summers.

I believe that he, like monique Smith, don't want to have to put up with the community uproar after all this mess comes to a head, which I believe could be soon.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:17 am

On the topic of "pivoting":

Just a few of the things that we "pivoted" away from under the current municipal leadership;

1. A multi-decade lease revenue stream to the City from its former hospital,

2. A multi-decade revenue stream to the City from employee income tax associated with the former hospital, and,

3. A proposal from Metro Health Systems that would have provided significant reinvestment dollars for the continued operation of the now liquidated and defunct former hospital.

Here's a copy of the Metro proposal.
Attachments
Proposal.pdf
(3.07 MiB) Downloaded 1492 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 am

The short version is at Page 7. This is what our leadership pivoted away from---a $100,000,000/ten year investment in a core community asset by a major local health system.
Attachments
Lakewood Metro Presentation 9.17.14_Redacted.pdf
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 1491 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:42 am

I have yet to hear an intelligent and rational explanation from our elected officials why (and even how) this proposal was rejected.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:49 am

At the time I questioned why Metro was ignored.

First, it was stated that the city felt that they "weren't serious," which was remarkable for its absurdity.

Then, the financial genius Jennifer Pae, who never had access to Metro's financials, claimed Metro was not financially able to take this on although she had no basis upon which to make that statement.

http://www.lakewoodobserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13611

As time passes, we see Metro is embarking on a fantastic rebuilding and expansion program. Investing in neighborhoods. Adding in-patient beds.

Astounding!

Lori Allen _

Postby Lori Allen _ » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:24 pm

I suppose I wasn't so far off when I alleged that just about everyone on City Council knew the outcome and knew how they were going to vote since day 1.

I recall Mr. O'Leary once saying how he "needed more time" to "look over everything", etc. I feel we will soon see even more evidence that proves the opposite, and that everything was carved in stone since day 1.

Spending taxpayer funds on studies and attorneys when the outcome is known sounds like waste and fraud, in my opinion. Apparently uttering false statements under oath sounds like perjury, in my opinion.

Return to “HOSPITAL DEBACLE LAID BARE: What Was Summers/FitzGerlad Admin. Hiding? Let's Take A Look”