LAID BARE: 871 Days Later--Bullock, Butler & Summers Continue Active Concealment of Thousands of Public Records

This is a storage area for FACTS that have been found during the two year fight with City Hall for Public Documents. These are being posted for reference and historical purposes only. We encourage any conversations about these documents n "Lakewood General Discussion." Here you will find the Highlight the lie, with the document proven the lie.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

LAID BARE: 871 Days Later--Bullock, Butler & Summers Continue Active Concealment of Thousands of Public Records

Postby Brian Essi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:47 am

My Public Records Request 28 (PRR 28) was re-issued March 15, 2016 and was very simple--I asked for "All records, notes, and communications – electronic or otherwise – provided by the LHA to Mayor Summers, Madigan, and/or Bullock by the LHA from May 4, 2015, to the present."

Actually, I originally asked for these records on May 19, 2015 when I simply requested: "A copy of the materials and handouts provided by LHA to Mike Summers, Mary Louise Madigan and Thomas Bullock in their ex-officio capacities at any and all LHA trustee meetings held in 2015, including but not limited to any and all notes or recordings made by said ex-officio members."

That was 871 days ago.

The limited records I received on August 16, 2017 under Court order are woefully incomplete.

To make matters worse, there appears to have been a devious plan to house these records at CCF to hide them from the public in top secret "New Secure " CCF lock boxes 3 days before Summers, Bullock and CCF announced the closure of the hospital on January 15, 2015.

Bullock, Butler and Summers are all actively involved in the concealment--all have duties under the sunshine laws.

Judge for yourselves:

scan0285.jpg
scan0285.jpg (175.25 KiB) Viewed 47953 times

scan0286.jpg
scan0286.jpg (302.98 KiB) Viewed 47957 times

scan0287.jpg
scan0287.jpg (468.98 KiB) Viewed 47957 times

I will provide additional examples in the next post in pdf format.

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Brian Essi

Re: LAID BARE: 871 Days Later--Bullock, Butler & Summers Continue Active Concealment of Thousands of Public Records

Postby Brian Essi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:58 am

The emails below demonstrate that Butler, Bullock and Summers all had knowledge of and access to Summers', Madigan's and Bullock's "Secure Director's Desk Logins" to access records that I had requested--which requests have been pending from May, 2015.

The suggestion has been made by a very prominent attorney/Lakewood resident--an expert in public records cases--that what Butler has done and is doing amounts to "Fraudulent Concealment"

Keep in mind, theses are public records concerning the then largest public asset, largest public charity, largest economic engine and largest employer owned by the citizens of Lakewood. And our public stewards who proactively destroyed that are hiding public records with CCF to conceal the full truth about what they knew and what they did.

scan0288.pdf
(5.06 MiB) Downloaded 1521 times

Mark Kindt

Re: LAID BARE: 871 Days Later--Bullock, Butler & Summers Continue Active Concealment of Thousands of Public Records

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:36 am

Just imagine the Lakewood Hospital Association board members sitting in the empty hospital that they have just permanently closed. Sort of creepy, isn't it. Bravo board members!

Lori Allen _

Postby Lori Allen _ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:05 pm

In the attachment, there is an e-mail from a canngospence to Mike Summers. Is this the same Ann Spence that attended SLH meetings in the beginning?

If so, I sat next to her at several SLH meetings when I was still attending. I noticed that she had lots of documents from Ed Fitzgerald, Mike Summers, etc.

To what extent was this Ms. Spence involved? Was she only a "mole" for City Hall or did she play other roles as well?

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Lori Allen _ wrote:In the attachment, there is an e-mail from a canngospence to Mike Summers. Is this the same Ann Spence that attended SLH meetings in the beginning?

If so, I sat next to her at several SLH meetings when I was still attending. I noticed that she had lots of documents from Ed Fitzgerald, Mike Summers, etc.

To what extent was this Ms. Spence involved? Was she only a "mole" for City Hall or did she play other roles as well?

I did not realize that Ann Spence's email was in that scan.

To answer your questions, if it is the same Ann Spence, she was appointed to the Lakewood Audit Committee shortly after supporting the closure of the hospital.

Marguerite Harkness

Postby Marguerite Harkness » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Lori - good memory.

Ann Spence attended SLH meetings on 3/14/15, 3/21/15 and 3/28/2015 at the early stages of our fighting to save our hospital - and our city.

Certainly looks like she came as a spy.

Marguerite Harkness

Postby Marguerite Harkness » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:52 pm

And yes, I am verifying that the Ann Spence of the canngospece email address who alerted Summers - is indeed the same Ann Spence who attended 3 SLH meetings in March 2015. She signed in on attendance.

Pam Wetula

Postby Pam Wetula » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 pm

I just want to say one more time.

In May, 2015, Bryce Sylvester's father, who worked in my office, snickered as he posed this question to me:

Pam, why are you getting involved with the Save Lakewood Hospital group? You are wasting your time. It's a done deal.

Bryce Sylvester knew it was a done deal in May, 2015 and he expressed that to his father!!!

They all knew.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 pm

A high level First Fed of Lakewood Exec told a close relative of mine the same thing in 2015 - don't try to fight it, it's a done deal.

Pretty disgusting it was all donebehind closed doors without public input or scrutiny.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:A high level First Fed of Lakewood Exec told a close relative of mine the same thing in 2015 - don't try to fight it, it's a done deal.

Pretty disgusting it was all donebehind closed doors without public input or scrutiny.

PLEASE!

We now know they have planned and plotted behind closed doors since 2010 to close the hospital and open up a center, land, get millions for themselves and we are supposed to believe they did not have plans in place by 2015?!!!!

:roll: :lol:

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:01 pm

One of the pronounced problems of public-private partnerships is the loss of transparency. These emails tell us that many public records are likely being stored outside of the city's servers. If you want copies under the Ohio public records access statute, be prepared to have to bring a lawsuit.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:07 am

The public documents produced as a result of multiple Court orders also establish that city employees were hiding the development of the Master Agreement and the ordinance that adopted it under the guise that these communications related to the taxpayer lawsuit and were, therefore, protected by a joint defense agreement. Of course, no such joint defense agreement ever existed.

Return to “HOSPITAL DEBACLE LAID BARE: What Was Summers/FitzGerlad Admin. Hiding? Let's Take A Look”