Massotherapy Recommendations

Businesses and consumers are encouraged to post and update information about any local business.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Grace O'Malley

Massotherapy Recommendations

Postby Grace O'Malley » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:44 am

In my attempt to "shop local," I have run into a small, albeit good, problem.

I want to give someone a gift certificate for a massage as a Christmas gift. However, there are several establishments in Lakewood; I've come across Lakewood Massotherapy, Ginger Care, Sacred Hour, etc.

Does anyone here have any experience with any of these places and would you recommend them?

David Lay

Re: Massotherapy Recommendations

Postby David Lay » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:08 pm

I haven't tried them myself, but I've heard many good things about Sacred Hour on Madison, near LaBella Cupcakes and the Beer Engine. I'm planning on making an appointment after the Holidays!

New Website/Blog: dlayphoto.com
Bret Callentine

Postby Bret Callentine » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:09 pm

for my money, you can't go wrong getting a gift certificate at Revelations Salon and Spa. They have good massage therapists, and a wide variety of products and services. So if the person you buy the gift certificate for doesn't want the regular massage, they can always switch it out for something else.

"I met with Bret one on one and found him impossible to deal with." - S.K.
Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 am

I actually agree with Bret-Revelations has good prices too on massages and a nice and peaceful environment. I LOVE their new spa location.

I have had two or three massages as gifts at LakewoodMassotherapy on Madison and enjoyed them but I think you get longer massages at Revelations for your money. Their pedicure room is fabulous too! :D

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama
Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:08 am

I just remembered that I won a gift certificate for a massage from Sacred Hour that I gifted to my husband. I like that they donate to local fund raisers as does Revelations so I guess that doesn't really help you decide- but you can't go wrong.

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood Businesses”