Cashing out

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Dan Alaimo

Cashing out

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:54 am

In the interest of transparency, I need to inform the Deck community that I will soon no longer be a Lakewood homeowner. I will continue on the Deck as long as Jim will have me, as he has with a few other Lakewood expatriates. We are moving to a single-floor ranch in a neighboring burb mainly because the high housing values on our street made it possible, also for single-floor floor living, and a bigger yard for our dogs. I've rather enjoyed the active political discussions here and all the yard signs promoting diversity on our block. No hard feelings - or more accurately not many - it's all about stairs.

If anyone wants an address, let me know through some sort of a private message. And please don't post about this on Facebook. Although I strive for transparency, I''m actually rather private. If anyone knows someone who is interested in an updated house on one of Lakewood's best streets north of Clifton, let me know.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Cashing out

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:21 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:In the interest of transparency, I need to inform the Deck community that I will soon no longer be a Lakewood homeowner. I will continue on the Deck as long as Jim will have me, as he has with a few other Lakewood expatriates. We are moving to a single-floor ranch in a neighboring burb mainly because the high housing values on our street made it possible, also for single-floor floor living, and a bigger yard for our dogs. I've rather enjoyed the active political discussions here and all the yard signs promoting diversity on our block. No hard feelings - or more accurately not many - it's all about stairs.

If anyone wants an address, let me know through some sort of a private message. And please don't post about this on Facebook. Although I strive for transparency, I''m actually rather private. If anyone knows someone who is interested in an updated house on one of Lakewood's best streets north of Clifton, let me know.

Dan

Sorry to lose you to cities to the west.

But the title of this makes it sound like it is not just the steps. :lol:

Good luck in your future space.

Jim

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan OMalley

Postby Dan OMalley » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:In the interest of transparency, I need to inform the Deck community that I will soon no longer be a Lakewood homeowner. I will continue on the Deck as long as Jim will have me, as he has with a few other Lakewood expatriates. We are moving to a single-floor ranch in a neighboring burb mainly because the high housing values on our street made it possible, also for single-floor floor living, and a bigger yard for our dogs. I've rather enjoyed the active political discussions here and all the yard signs promoting diversity on our block. No hard feelings - or more accurately not many - it's all about stairs.

Best wishes, Dan. Thanks for your many contributions to our community over the years. You’ll be a Lakewoodite Emeritus from now on.

Dan O'Malley
Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:12 pm

I second the motion of the Council President (can I do that?)

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Good luck, Dan.

As many of us have noted for years, Lakewood has few options for single floor living. And as many of us “boomers” are learning, getting old sucks. Stairs are often an obstacle. So Dan, a lot of us understand where you are coming from.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:58 pm

Correction: I meant south of Clifton. I never had very good directional orientation in Lakewood and it will be the same where we're moving - same side of street; same approximate distance from Lake Erie.

There's a lot to do now so I'll be coming back to this when I have more time.

Thanks all.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”