Who to vote for next week?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Dan Alaimo

Who to vote for next week?

Postby Dan Alaimo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:31 pm

As a final gift to the City of Lakewood, I will exercise my right to vote in the upcoming primary council election next week to cast a vote against Tom Bullock. By November, our move will be complete and I will no longer be qualified to vote here.
Trouble is, I don't know the candidates quite as well as I used to.

I know Tom, which is the point of my voting for others.
I'm sure that I'm going to vote for Laura this time. She has worked hard for the right to serve. Everyone speaks very well of her.
Tristan has done a lot of good things, but he declined to call for an investigation/audit of the hospital fiasco, and that is a huge deal to me.
Mark stopped by the house as I was moving some things and I was favorably impressed by my conversation with him. However, I still remember him as Sam's wingman in the last mayoral election.
I know of Sarah, but not her positions and voting record. I recall her appointment as being something of a surprise.
I don't know Susannah, Keith or Kyle, although I relate to Keith as a retired person.

My benchmark for all things political these days is the hospital deal, where candidates stood at the time, what they think now, and what they propose to do with the huge hole in the middle of town.
Any one of them could gain my vote by calling for an investigation/audit of the deal that could end up holding someone responsible.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
pj bennett

Re: Who to vote for next week?

Postby pj bennett » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:35 am

I’ve had a problem with the election process for many years. I know it’s not going to change, but I do wonder what the outcomes would be, if things were different.

Years ago, a friend said, that we should be allowed 2 votes each.

One vote for the person we most want to win.
One vote for the person we most least want to win.

This would provide more accurate results as to whom the public wants to see in office.

Meanwhile, for this primary, I’m voting for only the one person I most want to win. I don’t want my other 2 votes to dilute the field.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”