Update On Lakewood Library's Madison Branch

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Update On Lakewood Library's Madison Branch

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:07 am

While some publications herald that the Branch was finished, it is not, but they are making real progress and it is looking amazing.

Matt Collins of Action Contractors shows me the basement.

It might not mean anything to many of you, they have doubled the amount of usable space, and have broken it up nicely.

The side rooms are coming together. The $1.9 million update appears to have been well worth it.

Laying the floor stopped me from going any further, but you can see how together it is coming. Ken Warren would be pleased.

As I was walking out, the group made up of Friends of the Library, Library Employees, and Library Board members walked in.

If you live on the East side of Lakewood, you know first hand how important the Madison Branch is to the residents, families, kids and schools.

I caught Judy Grabowski the long time branch manager and asked, "What do you think?" Her response with a smile, we are leaving the library and community better off than when we got her. That's good for me." To those that know Judy and the Madison Branch, it is a real understatement.

I cannot wait for the grand opening.

Good work everyone.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”