LO_17_22 On The Streets And Online - Building A Post Pandemic Lakewood

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_17_22 On The Streets And Online - Building A Post Pandemic Lakewood

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:47 am

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest
appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” - John F. Kennedy

Elections behind us, Festivities and Festivals in front of us. No matter what religion you are or aren’t, the end of the year has been a time for festivals and partying. This goes back to the beginning of humans understanding days and seasons. No matter how you choose to celebrate or end the year please do it safely, and keep in mind all the people who are having a tough time.

I would also like to remind everyone that we have many great places that can help you celebrate in Lakewood, that run the full gamut from great places to find special gifts, to places to celebrate and even places to hide out from the rest of the revelers.

This issue of the Lakewood Observer has the Mayor’s look forward to 2022 and beyond in her article, “Building Lakewood’s Post-Pandemic Future,” something everyone in Lakewood should read. Even with amazing forces against Lakewood, such as previous administration's catastrophic business schemes to the Pandemic rolling through, the current Mayor and City Council have kept the Lakewood ball rolling. Thank you for that.

We also take a look at various activities, events, and people in and around Lakewood--something we take extreme pleasure in. From national media star, and amazing person Dr. Steve Sroka, to the magic of love as it blooms in Lakewood. We take a wonderful look at businesses on Madison Ave. and check in on Mwale, and how he is doing.

I hope we are all looking forward to LakewoodAlive’s Light Up Lakewood, these people deserve all the support they have earned and more. Think of Lakewood Community Services Center on Madison, and LakewoodAlive this season for donations, and programs to get involved with. LCSC does so much with those having a tough time, and LakewoodAlive is helping keep homes looking good, keeping bed bugs in check, all while trying to build a better Lakewood.

As always thank you to my wife Deb, and Betsy Voinovich for being the power behind this project. We are always looking for others to join and share their stories, photos, images, whatever with this amazing project dedicated to keeping Lakewood’s history going while highlighting the fabulous people and businesses of Lakewood, Ohio. Over 7,000 Lakewoodites have actively added to our ever growing catalog of stories (17,000), photos (273,548 last count), and online discussion (13,243 some continuing for years).

No cost to join, no cost to take part, and we do not sell, lend out, nor abuse the information used for signing up which is minimal in this day and age.

The Lakewood Observer is here for the residents, schools, non-profits, businesses and city hall to use, proudly underwritten by some of the finest establishments in Lakewood.

FREE and in use 24/7/365 since 2003.

You can pick up a printed copy at over 100 locations in and around Lakewood, or download a digital copy here:
http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_17_Issue_22.pdf

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”