supply list... harvest

Please join the LEAF Community Group (Groups button) to post in this forum.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Slife

Lynn Rodemann

supply list... harvest

Postby Lynn Rodemann » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 am

ok I have figured that we are going to need at least 40 tomato steaks.. this is for the beans also... we also should get a pitch fork.. and some chicken wire.. and something to hold it up around our far bed. also I got a phone call from annie saying that she has some cucumber plants to replace the once again eatin ones..

we also can start eating the greens... so lets talk about how we are going to do the harvest...
Lynn

~~i belive in something but i dont know what it is.... its either the future or the end.... its every reason that i do or dont get out of bed
Amy Bennett

Postby Amy Bennett » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:02 am

That sounds about right. Also, I have 2 50' soaker hoses I'm not using this season. Would we like to use them, would they just be a pain, would they disappear? I also have the landscaping pins that hold the hoses to the ground. Let me know.

I stilling pondering on the harvesting question. It's so hard to get everyone together at the same time but we want to make sure that everyone gets some. . .

Amy

Lynn Rodemann

Postby Lynn Rodemann » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:10 am

I guess that someone is going to have to call everyone... or I wish that people read this board. It would be so much easier.. Well if we can have a meeting that would be ideal... but I have a short window of opportunity.. I am due in the next 2 weeks... and the greens aren't going to last much longer.

Question... what happened to the black hose that we had to link the sprinklers? I know that it wasn't really ours.... but what happened to it? ha ha.

Dan are you done with your spirit quest?
Lynn

~~i belive in something but i dont know what it is.... its either the future or the end.... its every reason that i do or dont get out of bed
Rob Burgoyne

Postby Rob Burgoyne » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Just wondering-- is there a water hook-up at Plover?

Also, is there any chance of turning the harvest meeting into a Garden Party? Might be kinda fun to invite people outside of the gardeners to come and see what yall have done with the space. Might be something to keep in mind for the end of the season. Let me know if you are interested. I could whip up some invitations / posters and I could also trim the place up a bit with your weed whacker.

-Rob

Lynn Rodemann

Postby Lynn Rodemann » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:59 pm

yes rob there is water.. if you wanna go and trim that is awesome... I think that we are all relying on the food... well i know that I am... maybe twards the end of the season... thanks for the help
Lynn

Karlyn Green

garden and garden-ers

Postby Karlyn Green » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Hey, who is in the group anymore? The people weeding and watering and weedwhackin? I think we should just count the plants... post it here, and then devide amongst the interested. THose that miss out, well there is more to come...

I think an every other week meeting might suit us. consistencey might be helpful. we can meet at the garden, work together and discuss whatever is needed.

just an idea.

also.... in these days of hot hot heat. lets make sure that the plants get a good amount of water. they are lookin pretty puny, except the beans and tomatos..

my availability for a meeting is sundays, tuesdays, and perhaps fridays... even a saturday if need be.
peace
karlyn

*KG*

Return to “LEAF (Lakewood Earth & Food Community)”